Madison County Realty’s farm management division, MCR Farm Management, is dedicated to preserving and enhancing the value of your farm or land. Whether you are an investor focused on internal rates of return or an absentee owner who needs local management expertise, MCR Farm Management can design a farm management plan that is customized to your individual land holdings and specifically tailored to the goals and needs associated with your investment situation.
We believe a holistic approach is the best approach to take when designing a farm management plan. Because no two properties and no two owners are alike, each management agreement is specifically designed so that the owner’s goals are explicitly stated and a detailed action plan is put in place to achieve those goals. We then handle the individual steps necessary to achieve those goals on a daily basis. Some of the many activities that we can include in our management plans include the following items:
- Interviewing and selecting a farm operator and negotiating an operating agreement with the chosen operator.
- Monitoring the operation of crop and livestock activities.
- Analyzing insurance coverages and recommending necessary changes.
- Collect and account for all rents and other income from the farm.
- Paying all crop and livestock expenses, taxes and insurance premiums incurred in the operation of the farm.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing plan for the produced commodities.
- Periodic accounting to you of all income and expenses associated with your farm.
- Regular updates of broad market activities.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with government programs and conservation plans.
- Maintaining the property and securing contractors to make any owner authorized repairs.
These represent just a small number of the activities that MCR Farm Management performs on a regular basis. To find out more about our services and start the process of obtaining your own customized management plan, contact one of our experienced farm agents today.